How to build this without writing Code

I'm not sure if I should do this now, because I have not explained a number of additional aspects to the code, but for those of you who are interested.  The foundation of what I shown you here, IS the foundation of code my PBXClassBuilder-Standard generates for you. 

And I truly mean generates for you. You can have all this code generated for you without writing a single line of it yourself. Now PBXClassBuilder-Standard is not perfect, it is approximately 90=95% accurate. And I am constantly tweaking it edging this number ever higher.

To use PBXClassBuilder-Standard, You should start with Forms already laid out and built.  Within PBXClassBuilder-Standard you use intuitive screens to define your table structure, while linking the Table Fields to their intended form Fields.  Then link the Tables together as Parent Child, and finally you simply click buttons to generate the code, Including the SQL Code to create the tables. The Whole development process, post Forms, is only a few minutes.

I do not want to do this on the blog using still images and text. I'd rather do this in a couple Videos. The first will be the installation and Configuration of PBXClassBuilder-Standard. The second, and maybe third, will be complete development of our whole Galaxy/Solar System Code Example, including Table creation, I will clip the Form Creation and start with forms completed, after all that is truly NOT the Focus of this. 

Iwill be recording these Videos in the coming few days. I'll create a Blog Post about them when I release them.

For those brave souls willing to try do it on their own, the steps will be to download PBXClassBuilder from my site.  Install it on your computer. For Configuration download and install your Supported File Comparison tool of choice, configure it on the Configuration Screen.  Then Create your Project "Blog", or "Galaxy" whatever you want to call it. Use the manual and create our two tables, link them as Parent Child add see how far you can get. 

Galaxy Table,  FormName frmGalaxy, FormParent frmMain, and the List is on Parent liList

  • ID, Integer, Key & Auto-Increment, 
  • Name, String
Solars System Table, FormName frmSolarSystem, FormParent frmGalaxy and the list is on Parent, liSolarSystem
  • ID, Integer, Key, Auto-Increment
  • GalaxyID, ForeignKey to Table Galaxy
  • Name, String
  • GRow, Integer
  • GCol, Integer

You can use the Example Code on my site to crossreference FormName, and FieldNames.

GoodLuck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting the Forms to the Data-Layer (part 1)

Module DB, the foundation of any Data Layer.

Defining Database Tables (part 1)